Ingredients • 10 spears of asparagus
• 375g ready-rolled puff pastry
• 250g ricotta cheese
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
• a large bunch of basil leaves, finely shredded, plus extra for garnish
• 4-5 ripe tomatoes, quartered
• olive oil
Method 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC fan oven/gas 6.
2. Place the pastry on to a lightly oiled baking tray and prick several times with a fork.
3. Mix together the ricotta, eggs, half of the parmesan, garlic, basil and seasoning and beat until smooth. Spread over the pastry base, leaving about a 2cm border.
4. Trim or snap the tougher woody ends from the asparagus, then lay, with the tomatoes on top of the ricotta, pressing down gently. Season lightly, scatter with the remaining parmesan and drizzle over a little olive oil.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the filling has set and the pastry is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature cut into pieces.