• 8 large flat mushrooms
• 2 tbsp butter
• 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 350g frozen peas
• 350g garlic and herb cream cheese
• 1 tbsp chopped basil
• 100g pine nuts
• 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
• Rape seed oil, to drizzle
• Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5
2. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp clean cloth, remove the mushroom stalks and roughly chop them. Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with some rape seed oil, place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
3. Meanwhile, in a large frying sauté pan, melt the butter and fry the onion and mushroom for 5 minutes, to soften, but not browned. Then add the peas with 1tablespoon of cold water, cook for a further minute.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; mix with 225g of garlic and herb cream cheese, basil and the pine nuts and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Spread the remaining garlic and herb cream cheese on top of the mushrooms, drizzle with a little rape seed oil and bake in the oven for 10 minutes before serving.