Dish type: Dessert
Cooking and preparation time: 45 minutes
For the filling:
375ml Chobani Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 ½ tsp unsalted butter, softened
250ml icing sugar
Additional icing sugar for rolling and dusting, (optional)
For the cake:
3 eggs separated
160ml Pureed Pumpkin
180ml All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Ground cinnamon
½ tsp Ground nutmeg
¼ tsp Ground cloves
¾ tsp Vanilla extract
Generous pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (Gas Mark 5). Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with parchment paper. Grease with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
4. Use a mixer on high speed to beat egg yolks until thick and frothy. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high speed until sugar is almost dissolved. In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
5. Gently fold dry ingredients into wet and spread into prepared pan. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a clean kitchen towel dusted with icing sugar. Gently peel parchment paper from back of cake. Roll cake jellyroll style, starting with a short end. Cool completely.
6. Unroll cake and spread filling evenly to within ½ inch of edges. Roll again. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm (or up to 3 months). Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Dust with icing sugar and serve in slices.