Dish type: Dessert
Preparation and cooking time: 50 minutes
100g porridge oats
100g dates, chopped
2 fresh figs, chopped
50g brown sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
Zest of half an orange
½ tsp ground cinnamon
50g low fat spread, melted
50ml sunflower oil
50ml orange juice
For the filling:
75g TOTAL 0% Greek Yoghurt
Zest of half orange
50g caster sugar
30g plain flour
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F / Gas Mark 3.
2. Line a baking tray (approximately 24x18cm) with baking parchment, or use a non stick tray.
3. Mix the flour, oats, dates, figs, sugar, salt, bicarbonate soda, zest and cinnamon together.
4. Mix the low fat spread, oil and orange juice together and fold in the flour and oat mixture to form a moist and crumbly mix.
5. Press three quarters of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and place the remaining mixture to one side.
6. In a separate bowl mix together the zest, Greek yoghurt, sugar, flour and egg white.
7. Spread the yoghurt mixture over the prepared base and then sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or until edges are golden.
9. Cool completely in tray on a wire rack before slicing.