4 Chunky traditional pork sausages
454g Potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
Splash of milk
Knob of butter
1 1tsp Vegetable oil
4 Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
50g Black pudding, cut into chunks
8 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1. Place potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and roughly mash with milk and butter.
2. Heat oil in a small (1 person) frying pan (either make 2 small or 1 large ’squeak’) add 2 sausages and half the mushrooms per person. Cook until sausages are starting to brown. Add half the black pudding and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add half the mash and lightly mix with the pan mixture. Add 4 cherry tomatoes. Place under a preheated grill and continue to cook for about 5 minutes until everything is golden brown. Repeat
4. Meanwhile boil a small pan of water, once boiling turn off the heat, crack 2 eggs into the water and poach for about 5-6 minutes – for soft boil.
5. Serve each ‘brunch’ topped with a poached egg.