Dish type: Breakfast
Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
salt, to taste
1 teaspoon grated (peeled) fresh root ginger
200g (7oz) low-fat Greek yogurt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Put a couple of sheets of kitchen paper on a dinner plate and set aside.
2. Place the cumin seeds into a frying pan and cook over a medium heat until the seeds begin to pop. This should take no more than 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat and, using a pestle and mortar, grind to a coarse powder.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ground cumin seeds, salt and ginger into the yogurt. Split the mixture evenly between two serving bowls.
4. Bring a large frying pan of water with a drop of white vinegar to the boil, then stir the water with a ladle in a clockwise direction, quickly crack the eggs into the water and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook on a low-medium heat for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and leave to drain for a moment on the kitchen paper.
5. Place one egg into each bowl of the yogurt mixture. Season to taste with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
6. Serve immediately with fresh bread.