Dish type: Dessert
Preparation and cooking time: 20 mins
375g shortcrust pastry
250g good quality mincemeat
50g plain flour
4 tbsp demerara sugar
finely grated zest of ½ orange
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC fan oven/gas 6.
2. Thinly roll out the pastry and using a 7.5-9cm pastry cutter, cut out as many disks as you can, re-rolling the trimmings as you go. Press the disks into the holes of one or two 12 hole patty tins.
3. Spoon a couple of teaspoons of mincemeat into each pastry case and set aside.
4. To make the crumble topping, rub together the flour, demerara sugar, butter, orange zest and cinnamon until you have a chunky crumble mixture. Scatter over the top of the mincemeat and place in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the mince pies are golden and the tops are crisp.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before taking out of the tins. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve.
It's a little princess!