Dish type: Breakfast
Seeds from 1 pomegranate
200g (7oz/2 cups) quinoa flakes
75g (3oz/scant ²/³ cup) goji berries
1 cinnamon stick
475ml (16fl oz/scant 2 cups)
Macadamia Nut Milk (see below)
750ml (1¼ pints/3 cups) water
100g (3½oz/¾ cup) raspberries
Macadamia Nut Milk
200g (7oz/1¹/³ cups) raw macadamia nuts, soaked for about 4 hours and drained
750ml–1 litre (1¼–1¾ pints/ 3–4 cups) purified or filtered water
1. To make the Macadamia Nut Milk blend the ingredients in a Vitamix or high-speed blender until smooth, then filter through a muslin bag or a very fine strainer.
2. To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, roll it firmly on a work surface to loosen the seeds, then cut it in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon (or see page 98 for another method). Set side while you make the porridge (oatmeal).
3. Place the quinoa flakes, goji berries, cinnamon stick, 250ml (8fl oz/ 1 cup) of the macadamia nut milk and 475ml (16fl oz/scant 2 cups) of the water in a pan. Stir continuously over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes, then crush the raspberries into the pan, add the remaining water and stir for another 2 minutes, until piping hot.
4. Heat the remaining macadamia milk in a separate pan.
5. Spoon the porridge (oatmeal) into 4 bowls, pour over the hot macadamia milk and serve sprinkled with the pomegranate seeds.
It's a little princess!