Dish type: Salad
Ready in 25 Minutes
3 Dried Apricots
2 Teaspoons of Honey
2 Chicken Breasts
Half a Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Half a Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Half a Chicken Stock Pot
Half a Teaspoon of Sugar
100g Green Beans
1. Boil 250ml of water for your couscous.
Cut the very tops and bottoms from your green beans.
Cut each chicken breast into 6 equal strips.
Chop up your apricot into tiny pieces.
2. Zest a quarter of a teaspoon of lemon zest.
When you zest the lemon use a fine grater (or preferably a ‘zester’) and don’t zest down to the bitter white part.
Squeeze out half the lemon juice into a bowl.
To juice the lemon simply cut it in half, stick a fork inside and squeeeeeze.
3. Put your couscous in a bowl and pour in the 250ml of water.
Add in half the lemon juice and zest, plus a quarter of a teaspoon of salt.
Cover the bowl immediately with a lid (or some clingfilm).
Leave it to soak for at least 10 minutes.
4. Set hob to medium heat. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan.
Cook the chicken with a pinch of salt for around 4 minutes, until they’re browned off.
Add the honey and cook for another minute.
If you only have a small pan, cook in batches rather than overcrowding it.
5. Add in the cinnamon, cumin, tinned tomatoes, half a teaspoon of sugar, half the stock pot and the remaining lemon zest and juice.
Give everything a stir and then add in the beans and apricots.
Cook uncovered for about 8 minutes or until the beans are tender.
6. Briefly consider taking part in a camel race.
7. To serve, simply fluff up your couscous with a fork and top it with your chicken mix. Yalla!
See www.hellofresh.co.uk for more recipes.