Dish type: Salmon
Ready in 30 Minutes
2 Salmon Fillets
1 Hass Avocado
350g New Potatoes
100g Baby Spinach
1 Tablespoon of Diced Red Onion
1 Red Chilli
2 Teaspoons of Butter
1. Boil a large pot of water for your potatoes. Chop the red chilli in half and remove the seeds, before finely dicing it. You can use the seeds too if you like it spicy. Finally, dice the red onion really finely.
2. Cook the potatoes in the boiling water for around 10-15 minutes or until you are able to easily slip a knife through them. At this point simply drain them and keep them to the side for later.
3. Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh (scrape the inside of the skin to get that fantastic green colour). Mash the avocado with a fork, then mix in a quarter of a teaspoon of chilli, half a teaspoon of red onion, a squeeze of lime juice and some salt and pepper.
4. Pre-heat your grill to high and put half a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan on high heat. Season the salmon on both sides, place it skin side down in the pan and leave it for 4 minutes. Next, put the pan under the grill on the top shelf (handle outwards, with the door open).
5. After 4-5 minutes under the grill, the top of the fish will be cooked. Put the pan back on the hob on high heat for one minute (be careful of the hot handle). Add a teaspoon of butter and scoop it over the fish. Squeeze on two teaspoons of lime juice, then remove the fish to a plate for later.
6. Once your salmon is removed, put the pan back on the hob. Add a tablespoon of red onion and as much chilli as you dare. After one minute, add in the spinach and toss the ingredients for just under a minute. You only want to warm the spinach through rather than wilt it.
7. To serve, toss your potatoes in the remaining teaspoon of butter and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper. Top your pan-fried salmon with your homemade guacamole, serve the spinach on the side and tuck in.
See www.hellofresh.co.uk for more recipes.