Dish type: Canapes
, Healthy Eating
110g diced # 1 sushi grade tuna
1 tablespoon diced pickled ginger
1 teaspoon chopped scallions
1 tablespoon soy sauce/wasabi mixture - made with 80ml wasabi paste and 240ml Japanese soy sauce. First, mix the wasabi paste with a littlewater, then mix with soy sauce. Be sure to shake or mix before every use.
2 tablespoons Spicy Chilli Mayonnaise - made with 230g good quality mayonnaise, 1/3 cup plus 1/4 tablespoon chilli sauce and 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, all mixed together
Miso Tuile Cone
240g golden syrup
2 tablespoons miso paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
60g plain flour
1 tablespoon powdered ginger
120ml sesame seeds (60ml black, 60ml white)
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter together with the syrup – be careful not to boil.
3. Remove from the heat and whisk in miso paste and sesame oil.
4. Sift the flour, continuously stirring. Add the ginger and sesame seeds.
5. Bake in the oven on silicon baking mats in 1 tablespoon portions for 10 minutes, then turn and bake for another 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the baking sheets and form into miniature cones.
Assembly and Presentation
1. Mix together tartare ingredients. Place in plastic pastry bag.
2. Place cones (about 20) in cone holder. Place 2 daikon sprouts in each cone while piping in the tartare mixture.
3. Top with masago roe, julienne bonito flake, and chopped pickled ginger.