Dish type: Lamb
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 15
1 Knorr Lamb Stock Cube
1tbsp olive oil
8 lamb chops
4–6tsps Dijon mustard, for coating
15g pack fresh chives, very finely chopped 1 small shallot, finely chopped
Parsley sprigs for decoration
The best way to cook lamb chops is on a heavy griddle pan. This way you get the heat into the chops and can cook the fat, making it nice and crispy.
1. Crumble the Knorr Lamb Stock Cube into the olive oil and blend to form a paste. Spread the paste evenly over the lamb chops.
2. Place the chops fat side-down on a large, heavy griddle pan and gradually increase the heat through, allowing the fat to render out without burning.
3. Cook the chops until the fat has browned, around 5 minutes, removing the pan from direct heat if the griddle gets too hot. Then return it to the heat to continue cooking until the meat is cooked to taste.
4. Depending on thickness, cook 3–4 minutes on each side for pink, 4–5 minutes for medium and 5–6 minutes for well done. Turn the chops over often to ensure even cooking.
5. When chops are cooked, spread a little Dijon mustard (about ½tsp) over the upmost side of each lamb chop. Dip the mustard-coated side of each chop in the chives to coat evenly and place them on a warm serving platter.
6. Sprinkle over the shallot and garnish with parsley. Pour over a touch more olive oil, if you’d like to. Serve at once.