Dish type: Cake
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Nutritional information: 183kcals per serving
1 large satsuma or tangerine
175g self-raising flour
25g ground almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp Splenda Granulated
75ml skimmed milk
50g low fat spread, melted
A slice from a lemon, cut in to 6 wedges
For the drizzle
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
2 tbsp Splenda Granulated
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 6 papers.
2. Cut a slice from the satsuma and cut into 6 wedges. Reserve. Place the remaining satsuma in to a pan of water. Bring it up to the boil and bubble for a few minutes. Discard the water then repeat the process. This will just take away some of the bitterness.
3. Once the satsuma has been boiled twice, cut in to wedges, discarding the very top where the stalk would have been. Whizz in a processor until you have a chunky purée.
4. Place the flour, almonds, baking powder and Splenda Granulated in a bowl and stir together. Whisk together the egg, milk and margarine the stir in to the flour along with the satsuma.
5. Spoon in to the cases then top each cake with a wedges of satsuma and lemon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until springy to the touch.
6. Stir together the lemon juice and Splenda Granulated and spoon over the hot cakes.