50g (2oz) self-raising flour
50g (2oz) caster sugar
50g (2oz) butter - softened
1 medium egg – beaten
200g Vanilla Snip and Swirl
Mini chocolate beans
250g Renshaw Pink Ready to Roll Icing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
2. Line a cup cake tray with cases.
3. Sieve the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl, add the caster sugar and butter, then slowly mix in the beaten egg.
4. Whisk the mixture for approximately two minutes until smooth and creamy.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases until they are half full.
6. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and remove when light, fluffy and golden brown.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
1. When cooled, pipe a swirl of Renshaw Vanilla Snip and Swirl onto each cupcake.
2. Dip one of the cupcakes in the mini chocolate beans to decorate.
3. Knead and roll out the Renshaw Pink Ready to Roll Icing on a work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar.
4. Wet a 10 inch round cake board and cover with the pink icing. Trim off any excess icing.
5. Arrange six of the plain cupcakes on the iced cake board in a circle to form a flower shape, placing the decorated cupcake at the centre.
6. Eat the remaining cupcakes or use as replacements.
for more recipes