Asparagus, black olive, goats curd, crispy seeds and nuts from Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant
04 JUNE 2013
20 Medium asparagus spears
500g Pitted black olives
500g Goat’s cheese
100mls Double cream
50g Pine nuts
50g Sunflower seeds
50g Pumpkin seeds
50g Nibbed almonds
Salt and pepper
1. Take the asparagus and snap off the bottom (1/3), wash and lightly peel from the tip down
2. In a pan of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until tender (this should take 1-2 minutes)
3. Refresh cooked asparagus in ice water, once chilled store in the fridge until needed.
1. Wash the olives under warm water to remove excess oil.
2. Blanch the olives in boiling water for 1 minute.
3. Blend the olives in a liquidizer or blender until smooth, add a little olive oil if the puree is too thick.
4. Pass through a fine sieve, chill and store in fridge.
Method for seeds and nuts
1. Pre heat the oven to 150c
2. Toast seeds and nuts individually until light golden brown.
3. Peel and segment grapefruit, cut each segment into small dice.
4. Mix the warm seed mix with the grapefruit, olive oil and salt. (Add half the grapefruit to taste, add more if required.)
Whipped goat's cheese
1. Break up the goat's cheese into small pieces.
2. In a bowl, slowly add the cream to the goat’s cheese, beat until smooth.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste