160 g butter
160g caster sugar
Rind of 2 lemons, grated
Juice of ½ lemon
1 shortcrust pastry base
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees; grease a tart tin with butter.
2. Beat eggs with sugar and stir in lemon rind and juice; then stir in the butter.
3. Roll out the pastry and trim the edges; pour the lemon mixture and bake for 30min.
4. Remove from tin and cool it on a wire rack.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Zizzi have just launched a new spring menu; try their torta al limone recipe at home...