300ml warm water
100g plain yoghurt
25g dark brown sugar
One 7g sachet fast-action yeast
100g each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp each of linseed, poppy and sesame seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
400g strong white flour
100g wholemeal flour, any sort
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp salt
Extra oil for kneading and flour for shaping
One large loaf tin
1. Put the water, yoghurt, sugar and yeast in a large mixing bowl, stir well and leave for 5 minutes so the yeast dissolves. Then stir in the seeds and oil.
2. Weigh the white and wholemeal flours into another bowl and mix in the cornflour and salt. Then add this to the yeast mixture and work everything together to a smooth sticky dough.
3. Leave the dough covered for 10 minutes then rub oil on a patch of worktop, knead the dough lightly on it for 10 seconds (seconds rather than minutes is all this dough needs), return it to the bowl, cover and leave for an hour.
4. Line the inside of your tin with non-stick paper, wipe any oil off the worktop and dust lightly with a little flour, then put the dough on it, pat out flat and roll up tightly. Squeeze the dough into your tin, with the seam-side at the bottom, punch it down firmly then cover and leave for 30 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/390°F/gas 6, flour the top of the loaf and slash it down the middle with a sharp blade, and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.