Calories: 238 calories
Time required: 50 mins
1 Boneless leg of Welsh Lamb
400ml (approx) can reduced fat coconut milk
2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1 lime, grated rind and juice
1. Remove strings and flatten out lamb. Place boneless leg of lamb into a shallow dish and add the marinade ingredients - thoroughly combine together, cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Remove from the marinade and thread metal skewers crisscrossing through the meat to keep flat.
3. Cook on a lidded or covered barbecue - place flat onto the barbecue grid (not too close to the coals) turning frequently for about 40 - 50 minutes.
4. Alternatively place directly onto the shelf in a preheated oven (gas mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F, place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 40 - 50 minutes until browned on the outside and still a little pink in the centre.
5. Take reserved marinade and boil thoroughly until thickened slightly - about 5 minutes, and serve drizzled over the lamb. Serve with Chinese stir-fry vegetables.
Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) Welsh Lamb was awarded PGI status in 2003 for its unique flavour, which is a result of specific geographic elements and traditional farming methods.