1 x 150g Loyd Grossman Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
150g of cooking chorizo, diced
1 red pepper, diced to small cubes
1 medium red chilli, thinly sliced
200g paella rice, preferably Calasparra rice
1 pinch saffron
2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
600ml boiling chicken or vegetable stock
6 large prawns, shell on
225g fresh cooked mussels, king prawns and squid rings
100g frozen peas
2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Heat the olive oil in a paella dish or heavy-based saucepan. Add the chorizo and fry until coloured.
2. Mix in the red pepper, chilli and paella rice, stirring until the rice is coated and glossy.
3. Add the saffron and paprika, stir well, then pour in the hot stock and gently simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour in the Tomato and Basil sauce, pears and large prawns, mix and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the mixed seafood and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, ensuring the rice is cooked and the seafood is piping hot.
6. Top with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.