Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 tablespoon lemon juice
200ml (7 fl oz) semi skimmed milk
175g (6 oz) Stork tub
400g (14 oz) caster sugar
3 medium eggs, beaten
325g (11 oz) plain flour, sieved with 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, and 2 level teaspoons baking powder and
65g (2 ½ oz) cocoa powder
400g cooked and mashed pumpkin
100g (3 ½ oz) Stork
200g pack cream cheese
300g (10 oz) icing sugar, sieved
Cocoa powder, to dust
Ready to roll fondant icing, orange, green and black
1. Grease and bottom line a 23cm (9 inch) deep cake tin.
2. Add the lemon juice to the milk and set aside.
3. Cream the Stork and the sugar, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk and pumpkin and mix well. Spoon into prepared tin and bake in the centre of a preheated oven 180ºC, 160ºC fan, Gas mark 4 for 45 mins to 1 hour or until firm to the touch. Turn out, remove paper and cool on a wire tray.
4. Place all icing ingredients together in a bowl and beat until smooth.
5. Split cake in half and sandwich together with half of the icings. Spread remaining icing over the top of the cake and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
6. Decorate with mini pumpkins made using orange fondant. Use the green fondant for the stalk and cut out black triangles for the face.
Tip: Cut the pumpkin into large wedges, brush with oil and roast in hot oven, skin side uppermost at 200°C, 190°C fan, Gas mark 6 for 30-35 mins until tender. Cool before scraping flesh off the skin with a metal spoon.