Bored of your current hairstyle and fancy a change?
A fringe could be just the thing. The right one on your face shape will make your eyes sparkle, show off your amazing cheekbones or help hide a high forehead.
Today's freshest looks show off the three main types: Sideswept, brow-skimming and short, sharper bangs.
HELLO! Online seek expert advice from Style Director at Nicky Clarke Manchester, Zeb Luke Gethen.
Types of fringe
Full – From a strong, heavy full fringe – think Lily Allen – to the softer, more grown out look – Kate Moss. Nearly everyone can wear a full fringe as long as it is tailored to you. Just remember fringe to face ratio, ideally you need more face than fringe!
Sweeping – Can be worn at any length to suit you and works great with movement in the hair. Cameron Diaz has worn her hair in this sexy style.
Short – Not for the faint-hearted. Think Katy Perry, a high maintenance fringe that makes a huge statement.
One of the first things we tend to think about when debating a radical haircut change, like a fringe, is face shape.
But our hair type is key, too.
Pointers to help you along the way:
• Have you got wild curls, pin straight fine hair or something in-between?
• Does your hairline have a cowlick or other strong movements?
• Does your hair grow back away from you face or straight down, always falling on to your face?
• Ask yourself what style of fringe would best suit your lifestyle and your look, and how much time you want to spend on your hair in the morning.
• What do you want your fringe to say about you and how much of a statement do you want to make?
• Consult a hairdresser. Nicky Clarke have salons throughout the UK and have recently opened a new venue in Mayfair, London. Call 020 7491 4700 to book an appointment.
A fringe can be a great way of creating a fast and dramatic change in your life, just consider the above carefully as some can take quite a while to grow out!
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...