2. Include a hair mask into your weekly hair care routine. Leave it in overnight if you can and always remember to towel dry your hair first to rid of any excess water.
7. Our hair colour fades faster in the winter as we wash our hair more often due to weather conditions. Avoid washing your hair in hot water as it dries out the hair. Instead wash your hair in lukewarm water and blast with cold water at the ends to help close and seal the hair cuticles.
8. Avoid shampoo's that contain sulfate as they can strip the hair colour and will leave your hair looking very dull. A sulphate-free shampoo will ensure that your colour lasts all winter long.
9. During the winter months, we often find that our scalps become more brittle, itchy and flaky. To combat this use a good quality Argan oil to add nutrients and then blow dry the hair on a medium heat.
10. If you find that your hair is extremely flaky, I would recommend that you buy a medicated shampoo containing salicylic acid. After putting in the shampoo, stimulate the scalp by massaging lightly with a brush. This will increase blood circulation and help to keep a flaky scalp at bay.
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...