Loved by a bevy of celebrities including Keira Knightley, Natalie Portman, Cheryl Cole and Mila Kunis, the smokey eye never goes out of fashion.
But many of us don't know exactly how to achieve the smouldering look, so we have sought expert help.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY OF CELEBS WITH SMOKEY EYES
HELLO! Online has consulted Cher Webb, senior make-up artist for M.A.C, to give us tips on how to master the perfect smokey eye:
1. Firstly, add a touch of Lustre Drops (£16) underneath your brow as a highlighter
2. Then, using LiquidLast black eyeliner (£14), apply a line – thickness depending on how you like the look – along your upper lash line
3. Soften the outer edges, blending upwards and outwards using an eye shadow brush
4. Apply a dark brown eyeshadow – M.A.C's highly pigmented shadow range works great for this – with a blending brush into your eye crease and blur the line between the highlighter and the eyeliner
5. Press a lighter shade of brown eyeshadow onto the eyelid, stopping just before the crease
6. For added drama, you can apply black eyeliner to the inner rim of the eye and underneath the lash line.