Celebrity make-up artist Alice Theobald is often asked how stars such as Kim Kardashian, J-Lo and Jennifer Aniston always manage to keep their make-up flawless.
Even at big events, after eating, drinking and perhaps even perspiring under the bright lights, once the night is finished they still end up looking picture perfect.
So the expert is sharing her secrets on how to be party ready like the stars, and still look like one on the way home.
1. Clean & clear – first prep the skin by thoroughly cleansing. I recommend Eve Lom's system of applying the product to your face and removing using circular movements with a muslin cloth, which is used by many of my celebrity friends. Moisturise only dry or normal type skin, as over- moisturised skin causes make-up to slip. This applies to the lips too. A soft toothbrush rubbed over an oily lip balm removes all traces of dry skin. Wait a moment for the moisturiser to absorb
2. Prep & prime – primers greatly lengthen the stay of any product. Nar's Pro-prime Smudge Proof eyeshadowbase is great for the eye area. Laura Mercia's Oil Free Primer is one of my make-up kit staples and works well on the rest of the face
3. Flawless base – the choice of foundation is paramount. The best in my opinion is Chanel perfection Lumiere, set using Chantecaille compact make-up powder
4. Perfect arches – I find hairspray the best way to keep eyebrows in check. Just spray some on to a brow brush and sweep through
5. Shadow – for eyeshadow I have found cream formulas to have great lasting power. By Terry Colour Fix, for example, is excellent
6. Lined up – and for eyeliner I find waterproof formulas the best for hold, especially Bobbi Browns Long-wear Eye Liner. This rule applies to mascaras as well; Givenchy Prisme Waterproof outlasts them all!
7. Lash perfection – to keep those lashes curled, blast eyecurlers with a hairdryer for five seconds before using
8. Rosy cheeks – for blusher try using stains, they are great for added staying power, Benefit have a fun collection. Just dab on and rub in!
9. Lips that stick – line the lips with Estée Lauder's Double Wear lip liner and fill with your favourite lipstick. Then take a single ply of tissue and blot then re-apply dusting over the tissue with powder. NB Gloss addicts, I recommend M.A.C's Prolong range
10. Set & ready – finish off your face with a spritz of Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray. It prolongs your make-up and provides instant freshness. And off you go!
Alice Theobald is a celebrity make-up artist who has worked with stars including Princess Beatrice, Holly Willoughby, Amanda Holden, Jodie Kidd and Lisa Snowden. Follow her on Twitter: @Alice_Theobald
It's a little princess!