Using self-tan on the face immediately adds warmth – but just slapping it on can make skin look patchy and less-than perfect…
* Always exfoliate beforehand or the self-tan will accumulate on dry or scaly areas and look patchy.
* Don't use a body product on the face – it's too intense and will accumulate in the pores (larger than you find on the body) making them look even more noticeable.
* Facial tanner tends to be liquid so you can overdose. Use a make-up sponge for a more even application.
* Leave to dry and develop for at least half-an-hour before applying make-up or you'll dilute the effect.
* Don't just use your normal make-up on top – you'll need different colours on a brown base, especially when it comes to concealer.