In a spot of perfect timing, the Duke and Duchess’ tour of North America will see them spend the July 1 Canada Day holiday in the Commonwealth nation.
More precisely, the newlyweds will join the lively festivities on Ottawa’s Parliament Hill (pictured on Canada Day during the Queen's official visit last year), during what is to be their first official overseas trip together.
Their visit to Calgary will coincide with the opening of the Calgary Stampede.
At the event, which bills itself as 'The Greatest Outdoor Show On Earth', the couple will have the chance to see bucking broncos, wagon racing and generally soak up the festival atmosphere.
On Friday, July 8, they are set to arrive in California for the last leg of their North American journey.
Also on the schedule is a brief visit to Hollywood as part of a three-day visit to the "Sunshine State".
William and Kate Royal Tour of Canada and US 2011
- 30 June - 2 July - The National Capital Region (Ottawa, Ontario, Gatineau)
- 2 July - Montreal, Quebec
- 3 July - Quebec City, Quebec
- 3-4 July - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- 4 July - Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- 4-6 July - Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
- 6-8 July - Calgary, Alberta
- 8-10 July - California
It's a little princess!