Crown Prince Haakon of Norway celebrates his 41st birthday on Sunday 20 July.
The Norwegian royal, who released new family portraits earlier this week to honour the day, is expected to mark his birthday with close family and friends.
To celebrate Haakon's birthday, HELLO! Online has gathered a list of ten facts about the prince.
CLICK ON PHOTOS FOR GALLERY
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway is third cousin to Prince Charles
1. The prince was born on 20 July 1973, at Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway, as the first son of King Harald V of Norway and his wife, Queen Sonja.
2. Haakon is a descendant of King Edward VII and third cousin of Prince Charles, meaning he is also in-line for the British throne.
3. As a member of European royalty, Haakon has some very regal godparents including King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Britain's Princess Anne.
4. In August 2001, Haakon married Mette-Marit Tjessem Høiby at Oslo Cathedral, surrounded by royals from around the world including Prince Charles and the Earl and Countess of Wessex. As close friends, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark served as best man. Upon their marriage, Mette-Marit was created a princess and Haakon officially adopted his new wife's son from a previous relationship, Marius.
Crown Prince Haakon of Norway adopted his wife Princess Mette-Marit's son after they married
5. In January 2004, Haakon welcomed his first daughter with Mette-Marit as Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born, who was followed by Prince Sverre Magnus in December 2005.
6. During the period of November 2003 to April 2004, Haakon served as the Regent of Norway, while his father, King Harald underwent treatment for cancer and took time to rest. The future Norwegian royal repeated this duty in March 2005, when his father took time to recover following heart surgery.
7. Haakon currently resides at the Skaugum Estate, Semsvannet, located southwest of Oslo, with his wife Princess Mette-Marit and their children.
The latest official portraits of Crown Prince Haakon of Norway and his family
8. During his studies, the prince received a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1999 and also gained a Masters degree in development studies from the London School of Economics in 2003.
9. In 2011, Haakon helped Norwegian band Katzenjammer record their song "Vi tenner våre lykter," which appeared on their Christmas album of the same name. Proceeds from the recording benefitted Haakon and Mette-Marit's joint foundation The Crown Prince and Crown Princess' Humanitarian Fund.
10. The Norwegian royal shares his birthday with Brazilian supermodel Gisele and former Lost star Josh Holloway.
Watch: Prince William takes George to meet his sister
It's a little princess!