- Quoting Bob Marley during tour of Jamaica: "The Queen couldn't be here. So you're stuck with me … But don't worry cuz every little thing's gonna be alright."
- His verdict on an official portrait of him and William: "I don't know, I'm a little bit more ginger in there than I am in real life, I think. And [William] got given more hair."
- Another quip about the Duke of Cambridge's hairline: "I think he definitely is brainer than I am, but we established that at school — along with his baldness."
- Volunteering his brother and sister-in-law for the London Marathon: "I've been trying to get a place for years! What do you have to do? What's fantastic is my brother and his wife will be doing it next year, I think. He's going to have to do it now, won't he."
- On William's views about Harry's trip to the South Pole: "My brother, I think he's just quite jealous I managed to get away from a screaming child."
- On looking after Prince George: "I only hope my brother knows how expensive my babysitting charges are!"
- On his nephew's progress: "He's growing up, he is walking and he has big, chubby cheeks. He looks like a young Winston Churchill".
- To the press pack who had gathered to see him do target practice at a shooting range: "You're at the wrong end. Anyone with a camera want to stand at the other end?"
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...