One of Europe's great wine capitals, Porto is close to four fabulous, historic vineyard areas; the Minho, Douro, Dão and Bairrada. So of course there is a host of wonderful food, wine and port excursions to be had.
The Yeatman oozes decadence and charm. You will find quirky details throughout its décor, reminding you that this is a Hotel & Wine Spa, designed with just that in mind. The building itself replicates the Douro valley, with all rooms facing onto a large lawn and panoramic views of the city.
Here are our top five things to do:
1. Explore the old Port warehouses that explain the making of the famous fortified wine that took the city's name. Here you'll learn about the fascinating history of port wine, as well as that of the House of Taylor Fladgate, one of the oldest of the founding port houses
2. Take a city tour, or have a wander independently. Walk over the famous double deck Dom Luis Bridge which will bring you to the northern bank and the UNESCO world heritage city. From there, meander through the quaint streets, making your way to the Sé cathedral, spotting the beautiful tile decorations along the way
3. Go to the beach. The beaches of Foz, Matosinhos and Vila Nova de Gaia are really easy to get to from Porto and worth a few hours in the sun and sea to complete your trip
4. Take a cruise down the beautiful River Douro
5. And of course, you mustn't leave Porto without experiencing one of the many port vineyards around the Douro region
All the news as Duchess Kate's due date draws close...