Fearne Cotton channeled boho bride to perfection at her wedding to Jesse Wood last Friday.
For brides wanting to copy her soft and natural look, follow these five simple steps by make-up artist Tori Harris.
Fearne Cotton on her wedding day with husband Jesse Wood
1. To create the light dewy base start with a light coverage foundation such as Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation. Use a large duo fiber or stippling brush to buff onto the face. For any problem areas or blemishes use a concealer and gently blend into the surrounding area. Set the base with an all over dusting of light powder such as Mineralize Skinfinish Powder from MAC. While keeping the dewy look, it's still important to minimise any unwanted shine by using a translucent powder across the t-zone and any other problem areas you may have. Work on the side of the nose and the eyes, particularly the inner corners and use a highlighting concealer such as YSL Touche Eclat for under the eyes.
2. For the cheeks use a matte bronzer and start by defining the cheekbones with an angled brush. Change to a large powder brush to blend the bronzer into the cheek, up to the temples and into the hairline. Sweep a golden highlighter across the cheeks and bridge of the nose - anywhere the light will naturally hit. A little bronzer blended onto the jaw line gives definition to the base of the face and a little highlighter under the arch of the brows helps to lift.
3. For the statement eyes take a light shimmer eyeshadow such as Nars Shimmer Eyeshadow in Baby Girl and dust over the whole lid. Blend a little light brown eyeshadow in the crease to shape and define the eyes. Line above the top lashes with a black liquid eyeliner, finishing with a very small flick and accentuate the lashes with a volumising mascara through the top and bottom lashes. To open up the eyes use a white pencil eyeliner in the waterline.
4. Fearne kept her lips natural but defined – to achieve this look, line and fill in the lips with a soft pink liner before going over with a light brown/pink lipstick. To soften, use a light lip gloss such a MAC's Boy Bait over the top.
5. For the finishing touches use a coloured brow gel to define the brows. Fearne went with a light brown to compliment her hair tone. For a long lasting finish use a setting spray – NYX do a great dewy finish spray, however for those prone to oily skin use the matte finish as you will get a little natural shine throughout the day anyway.
Visit www.toriharris.co.uk for more inspiration, ideas and advice.