DJ AM's death ruled accidental overdose 

Wednesday September 30, 2009

A toxicology report has revealed that 36-year-old celebrity DJ Adam Goldstein, who wasfound dead in his New York apartment in late August, had a lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine in his system.

Various illegal substances were also found at his home.

Suspicions of a possible suicide attempt have been laid to rest as medical examiners confirmed that the star died accidentally of "acute intoxication."

Nicole Richie's former fiancé had talked openly about his substance problems in the past but had been clean for some time.

It's thought that his escaping a 2008 plane crash – in which four of his friends were killed - might have triggered a relapse in Adam's drug use.

© Getty Images

  • <
  • DJ AM's death ruled accidental overdose 

  • >
  • 5 of 12