With crème fraîche and caviar, these roasted potatoes, served by Wolfgang Puck at the 2016 Oscars Governors Ball, are truly deluxe.
12 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
2 ounces Iranian osetra caviar
Crème Fraîche (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash and dry potatoes. Wrap individually with aluminum foil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove potatoes from oven and set aside.
For the crème fraîche:
2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 cup heavy cream
- Stir together the ingredients and let sit at room temperature overnight, covered, until the mixture thickens. Scrape into a container, cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- Score and pinch each potato. Dollop with a dollop of the crème fraîche and osetra caviar.