Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1kg/21⁄4lb Rooster potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20g/3⁄4oz fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 x 410ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 5 vine tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and quartered
- 2 handfuls ready-prepared baby spinach
Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until half cooked, then drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime leaves and turmeric then cook for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and stir in the coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then simmer until the potatoes are tender. Add the tomatoes and spinach and cook for about 1 minute, until the spinach has wilted.
Spoon into warmed bowls to serve.