- 4 tablespoons of good Spanish olive oil
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- 4 scallops, with their shells
- sea salt
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
Heat 6 tablespoons of olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium to high heat. Fry the ham until it's crispy. Set the slices aside on kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
Mix together the salt, garlic, parsley, chilli and lemon juice.
Put the scallops in their shells on a baking tray. Distribute the parsley mixture over the scallops. You don't need much, otherwise you'll overwhelm the flavour of the shellfish. Bake for eight minutes.
Place a slice of ham over each scallop and serve immediately with fresh bread to mop up the delicious juices.