- 150g/5oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 25g/1oz pitted black olives,chopped
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
For the chai-poached chicken
- 3 PureTea Bombay Chai tea bags
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the lemon and ginger dressing
- 1 small preserved lemon, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- ¼ tsp root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced lengthways
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To make the chicken, put the tea bags in a large saucepan with the chicken breasts, peppercorns, sea salt and 500ml/18fl oz cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer until the thickest part of the chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Leave to cool in the tea then cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
For the dressing, put the preserved lemon, ginger, garlic, chilli, sugarand olive oil in a screw-top jar and shake until combined.
To serve, drain the chicken and cut into thick slices. Toss with the cherry tomatoes, onion, olives, coriander and the lemon dressing and divide between 4 plates.