- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 whole tilapia, gutted, cleaned and descaled (ask the fish counter to do this for you)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, thickly sliced
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 25g pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
Place 1 sprig of mint in the cavity of each tilapia, make 3 slits in each side of the flesh and place in a roasting tin. Finely chop the remaining mint and sprinkle over the tilapia then drizzle over 1 tbsp oil and season. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the flesh is cooked. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile mix the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and olives in a bowl and toss in the remaining oil and vinegar. Serve with the cold tilapia as a salad.