For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- Juice 3 limes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
For the salad
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 500g (1lb 2oz) rump steak
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste Rice Bran oil
- ½ head Chinese leaf or iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, until the sugar has dissolved.
Place the onions, cucumber, radishes and tomatoes in a bowl and pour over half the dressing. Leave to marinate whilst you cook the beef.
Brush the steak with the oil and season with salt and black pepper. Heat a griddle pan until smoking, then add the steak, cook for 3-6 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
Just before serving, stir the Chinese leaf into the salad ingredients. Divide between 4 plates, place the beef on top and drizzle over remaining dressing. Serve immediately.