- 12 balls of baby mozzarella or 4 large cut into slices
- 4 large figs cut into three
- 12 large mint leaves
- 50 / 60 mls of Extra virgin olive oil
- Crunchy salt and freshly milled pepper
- 40 mls good quality balsamic vinegar
- 20 gms Brown Demerara sugar
Heat the oven up 180c / 350 f gas mark 4
Place the figs onto a baking sheet, preferably lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle on the brown sugar; place in the oven for approximately 4 to 5 minutes to gently caramelise the figs then remove. If you want you can place the figs under a grill.
Have four plates ready. Place on the plate one mozzarella and thena piece of fig plus a sprig of mint and then repeat. Drizzle over olive oil, crunchy salt and freshly ground pepper.
Finish with a final drizzle of olive oil and some crusty bread and serve.