- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 200g/7oz Freedom Food-labelled rose veal chops
- 50g/2oz butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 8 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 glass dry white wine (approx 125ml/4½fl oz)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 150ml/¼pt chicken stock
- 50g/2oz cold butter, extra
Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and season the chops. Add 25g/1oz of the butter to the pan then add the chops. Fry on each side for 3-4 minutes (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. When ready, take them out of the pan and keep warm.
Discard any fat in the pan then add the remaining 25g/1oz of butter followed by the shallot, garlic and sage. Sweat over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the white wine and reduce by ¾.
Now add the honey, soy sauce and stock. Continue reducing the sauce, tasting frequently, until you get the flavour you want. Season to taste then stir in the extra butter.
Pour the sauce over the chops and serve with vegetables of your choice.