Dish type: Dessert
Quick to make, oh so moreish, and all without a sugar thermometer in sight… this fudge makes a great gift!
- 200g marshmallows
- 70g butter, cut into cubes the size of a thumbnail
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of one orange (no pith though!)
- 100g Natural Selection crimson raisins
- 40g Natural Selection crystallised ginger (chopped)
- Small chocolate chunks (optional)
Place the marshmallows, butter, dark chocolate, ground cinnamon and orange zest into a saucepan. Heat on a low hob until completely dissolved, stirring regularly. Don’t be tempted to hurry it by turning up the heat – the chocolate will burn!
Remove from the heat and add the raisins and ginger, stir well and pour into a tin (approx. 24cm x 24cm) lined with greaseproof paper. Push chocolate chunks into the top, if you wish, then refrigerate for 2 hours.
Cut into squares and serve!