These yummy cupcakes are so easy - perfect for kids and grown-ups alike. Plus there's the added excitement of seeing the jam ooze out of the middle when you bite!
Preparation time: 15 mintues
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Ingredients: 150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
75g blackcurrant or raspberry jam
For the frosting: 150g cream cheese or mascarpone
350g icing sugar
110g smooth peanut butter
25g unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Place 10 paper cupcake cases into a bun tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the egg, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold one third into the mixture, then stir in one third of the milk. Continue this process until both are fully mixed in.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes
5. When the cakes have cooled, inject with the jam using a syringe (available over the counter at chemists’ for administering children's medicine).
6. To make the topping, beat together the cream cheese or mascarpone, icing sugar and peanut butter until smooth. Pipe or swirl onto each cake and finish with a sprinkling of crushed peanuts.