Ready in 35 Minutes
60g Chorizo Slices
150g Bulgar Wheat
150g Cherry tomatoes
A Handful of Mint
A Handful of Parsley
1 Red Onion
Two Thirds of a Vegetable Stock Cube
1. Soak the skewers in water so that they don’t burn under the grill later.
2. Pre-heat your grill or the BBQ to high.
Bring 350ml of water to the boil with two thirds of the vegetable stock cube.
Pour in the bulgar wheat and place a lid on the saucepan.
Rest off the heat for 25 minutes, or until the water has completely soaked into the wheat.
3. Coarsely chop the mint leaves.
Finely dice the red onion.
Chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
Cut the halloumi into bite-sized cubes.
Finely chop the parsley.
4. Set hob to medium-low heat. Heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan.
Cook the red onion for 15 minutes until it is soft and sweet.
Keep an eye on the pan to make sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Thread the halloumi chunks, the cherry tomatoes and the chorizo onto the skewers.
For the grill, place the skewers on a baking tray on the highest shelf, nearest the grill and grill for around 8 minutes. For the barbecue, place the skewers on medium heat and turn occasionally to make sure they are browned off all over.
6. Briefly consider buying a pressurised centrifuge machine and dabbling in a bit of DIY molecular gastronomy.
7. After 25 minutes your bulgar wheat will be ready.
Fluff up the bulgar wheat using a fork.
Add in the parsley, mint and caramelised red onion.
Stir in a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice and grate in a little bit of lemon zest.
Voila, you’ve made tabbouleh!
8. To serve simply lay a skewer on top of your tabbouleh and tuck in!
See www.hellofresh.co.uk for more recipes