150g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
2 large eggs
100g orange marmalade + 1 tbsp
100g self-raising white flour
75g plain wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp poppy seeds
25g toasted flaked almonds
• Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
• Place the loaf cases on a baking sheet.
• Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
• Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
• Gently whisk in the 100g marmalade.
• Mix together the flours, baking powder and poppy seeds and stir into the butter mixture.
• Fold in the almonds and spoon into the cases.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked throughout.
• Mix the remaining 1 tbsp marmalade with 1 tsp water and brush over the loaves while warm.
• Allow to cool.
• Make ahead and freeze for added convenience.
More info available at www.shakeupyourwakeup.com