250g Desiree potatoes
200g savoy cabbage
2 cloves garlic
250g King Edward potatoes
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
800g lamb, from the middle neck, cut into cutlets
1.5 litres lamb or chicken stock
Salt and pepper
Soda bread, to serve
1. Peel and cut the Desiree potatoes, carrots, and celery into 2cm cubes and set aside.
2. Slice the cabbage in a Kenwood food processor using the thin slicing plate, remove to a bowl and set aside.
3. Slice the onions and garlic in the food processor using the thin slicing plate, remove to a bowl and set aside, then slice the King Edward potatoes.
4. Heat a large lidded pot over a medium heat and add the butter. Sauté the onions and garlic, add the King Edward potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Add the herbs, lamb and stock, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
5. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Check the seasonings, leave to stand for 30 minutes to rest the meat, then gently reheat and serve with soda bread.