We always knew Meghan Markle's wedding day hair and makeup would be stunning, and on Saturday morning she looked even more amazing than we could have ever predicted. Her chic up 'do was both glamorous and modern – just like Meghan herself – with her trademark chestnut hair gathered softly at the nape of her neck. From the front it appears to be simply styled in a centre parting, but from the back the intricateness and volume is clearly visible. Coupled with her stunning Givenchy bridal veil and the Queen Mary Diamond Bandeau tiara, loaned to her by the Queen, it was the perfect look for a California girl-cum-English Duchess.
Meghan's wedding hair, seen from the side
But despite its intricate appearance, this look is actually relatively easy to recreate at home. An upgraded version of Meghan’s famous 'messy bun' hairstyle, her hairdresser Serge Normant, who styled her hair on the big day, said it only took around 45 minutes in total. "We had to blow dry it from wet, I would say 45 minutes to an hour," he revealed while speaking at Kensington Palace. "Then they did the make-up and then you fiddle around with it a little bit. But it's not that long. I always tend to try and go as fast as I can at these events."
Watch our video below for the full step-by-step...
The finished result! Learn to recreate this with our step-by-step video
Here's how to recreate Meghan’s wedding hair look at home…
1. Start by creating a centre parting in the hair using the end of the ghd tail comb. Make sure the parting is strong and is pulled back to the crown of the head.
2. Blow dry the hair for a glossy base which will hold and reflect shine throughout the day.
3. Next, add loose waves throughout the hair using the ghd curve soft curl tong. Loosely wrap the hair around the tong to ensure the curls aren’t too tight or precise.
4. Pull the hair back into a low ponytail at the nape of the head. Secure and ensure the ponytail is tight, then finish with a spritz of ghd final fix hairspray.
5. Now twist sections of the hair around the ponytail to create the low bun. Loosely wrap these sections around the ponytail to create the voluminous undone bun.
6. Finally, frame the face and complete the look by using the ghd curve soft curl tong to create loose waves around the face. Direct each curl in a different direction for a looser and softer finish and add a spritz of final fix hairspray for hold and shine.
GET ALL THE DETAILS: Meet Meghan Markle’s glam squad