Perhaps it wasn't the best way to prepare for a romantic lunch à deux.
But Shane Warne sparked a media frenzy after tweeting his followers for recommendations about the "sexiest place" to take Elizabeth Hurley for a bite to eat.
Click on photos for gallery
The pair were ambushed by photographers as they left his Melbourne mansion, and even needed a police escort.
News helicopters hovered overhead as the lovebirds arrived at the city's exclusive Capital Golf Club.
There Shane played a round of golf before the couple ate together.
Afterwards, they returned to Shane's home. And in an indication the romance may be moving up a gear, Shane's children were brought round to meet his new girlfriend.
Witnesses say the three youngsters - Brooke, Summer and Jackson - arrived bearing flowers.
Elizabeth's visit to her new love interest's home turf has sparked a huge interest from the Australian media.
And the couple haven't been shy either, sending each other racy texts on Twitter.
Shane, 41, has also been using the site to to debunk false stories.
After reports surfaced he'd had a new mattress delivered ahead of the mum-of-one's arrival, he wrote: "Ps for the record - my so called big delivery to my house was not a mattress it was a coffee table, sorry to disappoint!"
Elizabeth touched down on Tuesday evening at Melbourne airport. And judging by the smile on her face she was very excited to be arriving for a romantic rendezvous with her new man.
The 45-year-old model has already been introduced to Shane's parents Keith and Bridgette, who were spotted outside his home on Wednesday.
Elizabeth announced in December that her marriage to Arun Nayer was over. The same month Shane confirmed that he was no longer together with his ex wife Simone.
The pair divorced in 2007 amidst claims of his extra-marital affairs, but briefly reunited again in 2009. They then lived together until splitting for the final time in 2010.
How their relationship has played out on Twitter
- When Shane asked Liz if she had any new year’s resolutions she replied:“Lots of them and they all begin with Start or Stop...”
- When questioned further she said: -“You're being blonde...as in Stop eating sweeties and Start doing sit ups xx”
- On Liz describing the couple meeting up in LA:“I've been here on business - some of it monkey.”
- When Shane bought Liz a pet parrot Ping Pong she said: - “Ping Pong would love to peck you-you'd be her first blonde.”
- On Liz’s imminent trip to Australia to visit Shane:”If you haven't lined up koalas and kangaroos for my next trip I shall be desolate...”
- She added: “Trying to teach [Ping Pong] to sing Rule Britannia-maybe I'll attempt Waltzing Matilda too so she can serenade you...No need for jealousy SW, she's not getting any cuddles or kisses!”
- Talking to Shane at the weekend, Liz said: “Baby Ping now says "Hello Darling" and "Hello Little Girl". Sweet! She also does a loud parrot screech and shouts "Shut Up"- def learnt in pet shop pre me x”
- Shane tweeted on Liz’s arrival in Australia: “A crowd of 100 broke into applause when they saw Liz Hurley at the arrivals gate. Way to play it cool, Melbourne.”
- Asking his followers advice on how to impress Liz: “Where is the sexiest place to take Elizabeth for lunch? Suggestions please? Chapel St? Crown?= And no – not for spaghetti on toast!!!”
- He added: “Ps for the record - my so called big delivery to my house was not a matress it was a coffee table, sorry to disappoint!”
It's a little princess!