Understandably, the terrible images emerging from Japan are the talk of Twitter.
Tweets have poured in from famous faces wanting to offer their condolences and best wishes to Japan and its victims of the earthquake and tsunami which hit late on Thursday.
Paris Hilton – who has a huge following on Twitter - said: "The images on the news are breaking my heart. I am so worried for everyone in Japan. My thoughts are with you Japan. God bless you all."
Meanwhile, talk show host Piers Morgan revealed his horror at the events: "Desperate scenes on #cnn live from Japan. Can't remember ever watching such horrific natural disaster in real time like this."
This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield tweeted: "To my followers in Japan and everyone else caught up in yet another natural disaster, thinking of you. Stay safe."
Glee star Lea Michele also expressed her sympathy on the networking site: "So devastating to hear about the huge earthquake and tsunami Japan. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there.
Twitter messages for Japan earthquake
- Phillip Schofield - To my followers in Japan and everyone else caught up in yet another natural disaster, thinking of you. Stay safe
- Katherine Jenkins - Just seen the news… Thinking & praying for everyone in Japan
- Nicky Hilton - Much love, thoughts & prayers to the country and people of Japan
- Lea Michele - So devastating to hear about the huge earthquake and tsunami Japan. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone there
- Jenni Falconer - Just woken and heard the terrible news about Japan. It sounds horrendous. Thoughts are with them.
- Alexa Chung - L sorry, Japan
- Denise Van Outen - Just saw the news-Thinking of everyone in Japan, my prayers are with you all
- Emma Bunton - Thinking of everyone in Japan, my prayers are with you all
- Sara Cox - Ben just rang me completely freaked out by tv footage of tsunami in japan following Tokyo quake. Saying a little prayer for all affected x
- P. Diddy - Oh man yall see this earthquake in japan??????!!!!!! Let us pray!!!! Gos bless Japan!
- Alan Sugar - tsunami monitoring centre widens warning to Australia and South America following earthquake off coast of Japan. This is terrible stuff
It's a little princess!