Forbes complied the list, which covers June 2013 until June 2014.
CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE
Sandra Bullock: Hollywood's highest paid actress of 2014
Sandra, 50, saw her pay cheque rocket in the past year thanks to her starring role in the Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity, for which she received a best actress Oscar nomination.
The sci-fi thriller took $716million at the worldwide box-office, while Sandra’s other film, The Heat, also starring Melissa McCarthy, earned $230million.
In second place was Jennifer Lawrence. The 23-year-old starred in a number of hit films in the last 12 months, including Hunger Games: Catching Fire, American Hustle and X Men: Days of Future Past and Present, earning her $34million.
Jennifer Aniston took home $31million following her turn in We’re The Millers, while Iron Man actress Gwyneth Paltrow earned $19million.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston
Last year’s highest paid actress Angelina Jolie was named in fifth place with $18million.
In contrast, Robert Downey Jr was named Hollywood’s top earning male star, with $75million in earnings thanks to the Iron Man trilogy and the Avengers films; Marvel has made almost $4billion on films starring Robert, not including merchandise.
Forbes estimates that the female top ten earned $226million compared to the $419million made by the men.
Robert Downey Jr was named the highest paid actor for the second year running
Forbes highest-earning actresses 2014:
1. Sandra Bullock - $51million (£31million)
2. Jennifer Lawrence - $34million (£20million)
3. Jennifer Aniston - $31million (£18million)
4. Gwyneth Paltrow - $19million (£11million)
5. Angelina Jolie - $18million (£10.6million)
6. Cameron Diaz - $18million (£10.6million)
7. Scarlett Johansson - $17million (£10million)
8. Amy Adams - $13million (£7.7million)
9. Natalie Portman - $13million (£7.7million)
10. Kristen Stewart - $12million (£7.1million)