Beyonce has returned to her Destiny's Child roots – the superstar singer is rocking highlighted blonde braids.
The 30-year-old debuted her new do as she headed out with her daughter Blue Ivy in New York on Wednesday.
With her extensions piled into a big beehive bun on top of her head, Beyonce chose a bright and bold playsuit to hit the shops with her six-month-old.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR GALLERY
The honey-hued braids are a departure from the waves she's been favouring recently, and are a practical style because the new mum is juggling managing her career with caring for their daughter.
Bootylicious Beyonce may also have taken inspiration from her little sister Solange, who loves to experiment with her fashion and recently opted for chunky African queen style braids.
How to care for plaits
1. Plaits can be worn for up to three months, but make sure to wash your hair once a week to keep your style in tip top condition. Dilute shampoo with a little bit of water in a small spray bottle. Spritz some onto your locks, massage to clear residue and rinse thorougly.
2. Follow a similar process to condition your hair; again diluting your regular conditioner with water. Spray the length of the braid that has your real hair mixed in.
3. Between washes keep your mane moisturised with a spray oil.
4. When the time comes to take your extensions out carefully snip the plait below your real hair; take care not to break fragile new growth. Use a detangling spray and rattail comb to gently unravel the braids.
5. Finally extensions can be hard work on hair. Ask your hairdresser to give your a deep conditioning salon treatment to nourish your natural locks