Our skin is alive with bacteria which we cannot see or feel, therefore maintaining good hygiene is vital.
Build-up of bacteria forms on our skin while we go about doing our day-to-day activities, from talking on the phone at work to holding onto the tube during our commute.
Skin that is left unclean can lead to an overload of dead cells, dirt and microbes which can cause bacterial infections. Skin needs moisture and lipids to create a protective barrier function and this can ultimately be achieved through good hygiene.
Skincare expert Malvina Fraser shares her top tips with HELLO! Online:
• Our mobile phones can contain countless amounts of bacteria and germs. The dirt from our hands is transported to our devices each time we use them. The best way to combat this is to pop some anti-bacterial wipes in your handbag and wipe down your phone every couple of hours to rid of the dirt.
• Clean your make up brushes once a week. Our favourite tools are filled with oil, debris, dead cells and dirt but washing them once a week with baby shampoo will make a real difference to your skin. Soak the brushes in luke warm water to kill the germs and set them aside to dry off naturally.
• One of my top tips is to always double cleanse at night. Once to remove the everyday bacteria and the second to really clean the skin.
• Exfoliation is essential in order to remove the dead, complexion-dulling skin cells that accumulate on top of your skin. When you exfoliate, you're revealing fresh cells underneath, evening out the skin's surface, and giving it a healthy glow.
• Mix in lavender with sugar to create a great hand exfoliator that also acts as an anti-bacterial hand wash.
Skincare expert Malvina Fraser has launched her new range of cutting edge anti aging creams and serums. Available exclusively at http://www.malvinaskincare.com/
It's a little princess!